Friday, May 22, 2009

Schools out for summer!

Wednesday marked the last day for our little two and yesterday was Kindergarten Graduation and the last day of 1st grade. I wasn't able to make it to Daniel's celebration, but I did peak in his room to see all of the soon-to-be-2nd graders dancing on the tables.

Daniel came home heartbroken. He was already missing his teacher. She is moving this summer, and that was hard for him to know. He has such a big heart. However, I have to say that today there's been no mention of her.

David's "graduation" was a hoot. They sang songs and danced for the parents. I will put up part of the video later. I almost didn't make it to his celebration either, but "Uncle" Jason stepped up to the plate big time and was our first time babysitter. Thank goodness!

So, to mark the official first day of summer vacation we've started activites already. The kids and I did a quick run to the grocery store and post office and then hit the library. They were having a circus party to kick off the summer reading program. They all played games and picked out books and then we watched a rather unimpressive magician. It's bad when even my 2 year old can pick up on most of the tricks. They had a good time though. And now they've decided that their next trip to the library they will be looking for books about magic tricks so they can learn on their own.

So, now it's my down-time as the older boys read and the little ones sleep. The plan for this afternoon is playing in the water in the backyard...

No comments:

Post a Comment