Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home is an Everlast bag...

Another piece of wisdom that I've gleamed from Daniel's behavior coach.

Daniel will sometimes come home and just release all of the feelings he has had throughout the day. I will sometimes take this personally. But, Coach David pointed out that home is where Daniel is safe. He knows that whatever he pours out and no matter how hard he beats on us, we will still be there. We can take the punches.

So often, I do the same. I know that Brian will always love me so I can be upset with him. I can vent to him. He gets the worst of my feelings sometimes. Thankfully, he's my home... my Everlast bag. He will stand strong through all of the ups and downs. I hope he feels the same about me.

This just struck me as I was thinking about the beginning of school. All of the changes that our family will go through in such a short period of time. Thankfully, we all have home. We have a family that can roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment