Friday, September 4, 2009

I've got friends in low places...

Thankfully, my friends don't mind the company when I join them.

I just was looking at the weather here for the next few days. We're going to dip under 100 for a couple days, but then it goes back up to 104 by next weekend. I am thinking, however, that under 100 might mean that tomorrow is a day for the zoo.

After the depressing news about how "cold" our September is shaping up to be, I got to see the good news. It will be 10 degrees cooler in Sacramento next week! I am very excited. I get to go see three good friends, snuggle a newborn, and just enjoy a little kid free time.

I got a bit of that in this week here as well.

Brian came home early on Tuesday (thanks, Baby) so that I could go out with the girls. I am so lucky to have not only an amazing husband and great kids, but also wonderful friends! Renee and Jessica and I went out for sushi "in the Ra" and then to a girl's night out night at Beauty Brands. It was fun. Plain and simple. We ate amazing food. We toasted to the good and the bad and someone that Jess has never even met. We (Jess) did Renee's makeup (I helped by handing her random stuff). We all got our hands dipped in hot wax and cute little flowers painted on our nails. And we did a bit of shopping. Like I said, it was fun.

When I was in college, I had to write a life statement for a leadership class. And I picked a Jimmy Buffett quote for the top of my statement;

Some people never find it,
Some only pretend. But me,
I just want to live happily ever after
Every now and then.

Sometimes it gets hard to lose focus on the small things. That was a very fun night. It was a happily ever after night.

Then, because I'm spoiled, I got to have another one of those nights on Wednesday with the man of my dreams.

I guess I'm not spoiled. It seems I just might be a princess. I must be at the end of the movie or the end of the story, I think I've found my happily ever after--at least on occasion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment