Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sigh.

It's so calm right now.

Brian and all of the kids are sleeping. The only noise is Brian's snore, my typing and the air conditioner.

My little brother has been returned safely to base. He works for a few days and then gets a couple more weeks off. It was *really* good to see him. I think he had fun. I know that the kids loved playing with him. And now that he knows how close we are, maybe we'll see a little more of him.

We are still in CA. We spent the morning swimming.

School starts on Monday, but I'm hoping that this trip will make summer last just a little bit longer. I think the main reason that I'm longing for more summer is the fact that it's cooler here! It's only 100, rather than the 113 that we've been having at home. It's also nice to be able to run the air conditioner all day long and not stress. And the pool is great. Almost makes me wish that we had one.

Our little guy still amazes me with how far he's come with swimming since the summer started. Today there was another little boy in the pool and he was right where our little guy was at the beginning of summer. He liked the water, but wasn't ready to make any sudden moves. Now our guy was swimming in circles around this kid. The cutest quote of the day (thus far) was from him. He'd just met the other little boy and he asks me, "Mom, can I invite my new best friend over to play?"

Too bad we don't all think of total strangers as our new best friends.

Brian and I dined at one of his friend's home last week. And I think that I may have met a new friend there. The meal was probably the best that I'd ever tasted. And the company was fun. This family welcomed us with open arms.

Anyhow, now I'm just rambling... I think I'm going to go see if I can sleep at all during this peaceful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment