Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where does the time go?

I guess it goes to taking our kids out. On Monday night we had the amazing opportunity to tell over 200 people just a little bit about our foster kids. Through this event 181 foster children will get to go to basketball camp for free! We got to see our favorite Globe Trotter, Buckets, in person. We also got to meet several local politicians--and we need as many of them on our side as possible these days!





It also went by pretty quickly this weekend! There was a new event in Scottsdale called, "Fostering Fun". We found a broken bat while we were touring the stadium that the Giants call home during Spring training.


Just as we were about to leave, a firetruck pulled up and all of the kids got some one on one time with the fire fighters. They all loved getting in the truck. Vinny got to try on the Captain's helmet. And the older boys are getting to an age that they can understand all of the equipment that is stored on the truck.










Again, as I post these pictures, I'm a little sad. I so wish I could plaster my little boy all over the place. His blue eyes are worth sharing! We spoke with his caseworker this week. And I am trying to relax in the fact that, "no new is good news". Our next court date is in November. At that point, hopefully we'll be able to move to the adoption side.

Homework started for our older boys this week. We are working on getting a system down that will keep all of us happy and get all of the work done to the best of their abilities. I swear, school was much easier when we were younger. Maybe my parents would disagree?

The Bean is awake.. I am being paged :)

No comments:

Post a Comment