Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Big Girls Don't Cry...

We've created a monster.

Daddy's conversation with her last night:

Daddy is whistling..

Bean: Why you do that?
Daddy: I was being silly.
Bean: Was it because you said to my surprise, like this (sung at the top of the lungs) BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...


A few months ago I had the sad realization that the "oldies" that my kiddos are growing up with are from the 70's. This will simply not do. So, each couple of weeks I'm adding a new song to the rotation and trying to create at least one family of little ones that will know all of the good bubblegum oldies that I grew up with and love. I do mix in some of the new stuff and they have their own music that they enjoy.

One of the most interesting parts of this is that only one of the kids is really that interested in music. Bean is always dancing or bobbing her head or just kind of moving around whenever she hears anything. We had a little foster guy who did the same a few years ago. We thought it was from his bio-family, but now I'm convince that some people are just born with the music in them. What a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment