Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's one more..?


These really are the days that will send me to an early grave.

We've had calls about three different infants today.

None of them are here, nor on their way here (that I know of at least).

I know that there are some very happy foster mamas and papas out there that have new little bundles to love on. It breaks my heart to know that three little babies have already been hurt so early in life. But, I know that they will be loved tonight, and safe tonight.

Brian and I laugh about foster care. We had no idea how hard it would be. We had no clue that we'd willingly give our heart to be broken. And, now, after we know better, we still are eager to do it all again. We know that there are children in need. We know that we have love to give. We know that we can be the answer for one child and one family.

So, I am now trying to clean up the house and do some laundry in case we *do* add another to our crew tonight.
Either way, I have another reason to hold on extra tight to my babies tonight. I'm so glad that they came to us. I'm so lucky to have adopted three of them already. How did this all turn out so well?

No comments:

Post a Comment